Interview Location: Cape Town
Interview Date: November 2023
Work location: Saudi Arabia
Candidate must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must have possessed a BS Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering a minimum. A Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering is a plus.
- Must be a registered/licensed (UK/US/European) civil/structural engineer.
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English.
- can make professional presentations.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience after the date of graduation, of which five (5) years in a senior position.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of structural engineering practices, calculation methods, design details, using US/BS/Euro Design Codes and Standards. Extensive experience using US Design Codes (IBC, ASCE, AISC, ACI, ….) is required.
- Must be proficient in and has hands-on experience in utilizing STAADPro V8i software in addition to being familiar with ETABS, SAP2000 or similar software in the design and check of structural adequacy of structures in accordance with US/BS/Euro Design Codes and Standards.
- Must have strong leadership experience, skills, and capable of working in as a team member.
- AutoCAD or Micro station experience.
- BIM experience is a plus
- Professional attitude, pleasant personality, and dedication to work are desirable.
Experienced structural design engineer with the capability of performing and leading a team of structural engineers to perform structural engineering work including but not limited to design calculations and reports, prepare full structural ready-for-construction drawings and specifications, conduct surveys to verify field conditions and gather information necessary to draw plans, structural adequacy investigations of failures and distresses, prepare procedural reports, and provide solutions to technical problems in support of site execution team and maintenance organizations.
- Perform the functions of structural design including production of construction documents related to non-industrial facilities such as commercial, institutional, residential and office facilities.
- Plan, schedule and provide work directions as required for the preparation of designs, processes, reports, correspondence and related data. Prepare project proposals and initiate work scope outline.
- Determine all required design elements necessary for code compliance. Coordinate and development of work scopes and detailed technical specifications.
- Assess projects, identify design requirements for structural and civil elements including but not limited to reinforced concrete, steel, masonry, and wood structures and prepare necessary design calculations using hand calculations and STAADPro V8i software as a minimum requirement and other structural software is desired.
- Perform engineering assessments of structural deficiencies, failure analysis, provide remedial solutions, prepare and write technical reports and provides solution to complex technical problems and verify “As-Built” record drawings for accuracy.
- Prepare and manage the design and engineering development of complex and large projects with minimum supervision from date of assignment until project completion.
- Writes technical reports and provides solution to complex technical problems.
- Lay out plans and detailed drawings for development by draftsmen. Identify standard details and develop new details as required.
- Assist in cost estimates and material take-offs for the work as applicable and coordinate with Cost Engineers on the development of capital project estimates.
- Prepare design sketches, engineering drawings, perspectives, and details for engineering packages as required for all stages from concept to detail design. Perform site surveys using applicable equipment for inspections as required.
- Work closely with scope writers to develop projects scope of work including technical documents and materials’ specifications.
- Work closely with other disciplines within the division/unit to meet projects design objectives
- Develop and review 30, 60, 90, and 100 % issue for construction (IFC) Design packages.
- Provides expert advice, technical solutions, and assistance during design, engineering and construction phases.
- Support project on-site execution, project proposals and initiate detailed work outlines. Make decisions to support projects and act as a technical consultant when required.
- Review and evaluate Construction Variation Orders to ensure full compliance with Standards and recommend cost effective solutions whenever applicable.
- Manage the design and engineering development of complex projects from the date of assignment until project completion.
- Provide mentorship and training to young engineers to acquire design skills and knowledge.