Interview Location : Cape Town
Interview Date: November 2023
Work Location: Saudi Arabia
The successful candidate shall be able to:
- Perform the function of Mechanical Design Engineer of utilities (water) pipeline requirements.
- Prepare project proposals and initiate work scope outline.
- Prepare mechanical design and engineering drawings for utilities pipeline from concept to detailed design including scope of work, technical specification, and construction drawings.
- Carryout necessary utilities pipeline calculations, both manually and through use of software.
- Review and comment on design, engineering drawings and construction documents related to pipeline.
- Conduct analyses, troubleshooting, develop technical reports, and provide
- Support project on-site execution
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Mechanical Engineer will handle engineering and design activities for projects and will be responsible to:
- Perform the function as Pipeline Design engineer responsible for the production of project’s construction documents related applicable building codes & standards.
- Assess projects’ requirements, identify design requirement, conduct site visits, and prepare necessary design calculations using hand calculations and computer to run standard programs.
- Determine all required design elements necessary for code compliance. Identify standard details and develop new details as required.
- Lay out plans and detailed drawings and provide draftsman with required drawings for development
- Prepare all required pipeline design and engineering drawings including materials’ specifications.
- Preparing and presenting technical materials such as cost estimates, pipeline layouts, and flow simulations.
- Work closely with other disciplines within the division/unit to meet projects design objectives
- Conduct studies, technical assessments and develop technical reports.
- Review detail mechanical designs including pipe sizing, selection, demand calculations and layouts plans.
- Coordinate closely with scope writers to develop projects scope of work and technical specifications.
- Coordinate and lead the projects’ development
- Prepare material take-offs for the work as applicable and coordinate with Cost Engineers on the development of projects’ estimates
- Support projects’ execution in reviewing materials’ submittals, shop drawings, and resolving technical issues.
- Overseeing the construction and installation process of pipeline infrastructure and systems.
- Performing quality control assessments and ensuring that the pipelines comply with all technical and safety regulations.
- Candidate must possess BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering as minimum with emphasis on utilities pipeline.
- Fifteen (15) years’ experience in the Design of utilities pipeline.
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Must have full knowledge of engineering practices, economic principles, calculation methods, detail design requirements and European and US standards and Specifications.
- Registered and recognized as a mechanical engineer by a professional engineering organization.
- AutoCAD or Micro station experience.
- BIM experience is a plus.
Professional attitude, pleasant personality and dedicated individual.